Sunday, September 8, 2013

To My Dad-


Every year on our birthday, the birthday kid would be woken up to this song.  It's one of my favorite traditions.  Now that we have smartphones, we send each other the video since my brothers and I are no longer living at home.

I have forever been a Daddy's Girl.  I'm the baby and I'm the only girl- It was clear this was going to happen.  I'm so thankful to have this guy as my Dad.  He's the quiet yet completely lovable one.
Thank you Dad:

  • for teaching me everything I need to know about Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • for watching National Treasure and The Day After Tomorrow with me time and time again
  • for showing me the "real" beers
  • for making me blueberry pancakes on Sunday mornings
  • for inspiring me to better myself by getting healthy
  • for teaching me so much more than what I wanted to know about Chemistry
  • for teaching my brothers how to be role models
  • for the best chocolate chip cookies ever (and I mean ever)
  • for being patient with Mom and me and loving us even when we're stubborn
  • for lending me all your Smyth and Helwys commentaries
And for so so so much more.  
For you Dad, I'm so grateful.