Monday, February 24, 2014

Blessings..

Life is funny. And quick. And a lot of the time- not very peaceful.

Last semester was quick.  Maybe a little too quick.  I built relationships and worked harder than I ever have for school.  Moving away again from my parents, relationships changed.  I found a family.  I found a home.  I found community at school, in my house, at my church, and around RVA.  It's been a true blessing.

I'm grateful- for the experiences that taught me more about myself, others, and God.  The classes that I took last semester and the classes I'm currently enrolled in have taught me more than I ever thought possible.  I've learned about a God of love and life, but also a God of impatience of frustration (and rightly so..those stubborn Israelites).

I'm constantly being re-affirmed about where I am in my life right this moment.  As lame and cliche as it sounds, it's such a God thing .. Whether I'm being affirmed (and I'm someone that needs to be affirmed) by my roommates (thanks, Caitie), my church, or my colleagues and professors, I am learning to be grateful of where I am.  It's easy to do when I'm living in a place I absolutely love.

Thanks be to God.