Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lent.

The Lenten season-

I didn't grow up going to any Ash Wednesday services.  While I knew the meaning of it, it was something that my parents never really wanted to do. Mom says "it just wasn't my thing." 

Up until now, Lent is a season that was never incredibly important to me *lightning strike now*. But I've grown to understand the importance of it. I've grown to understand the humanity of Jesus... What he did for every one- the unconditional love that he has for all of God's children. 

I've certainly never done anything for Lent. I've never given anything up. I've never taken anything on. 

When I was 20, my grandmother gave me some money to buy a (quasi) professional D-SLR camera. I loved that camera. I'm almost 25 and I really hate I haven't used that camera as much as I should these last five years. There have been a lot of beautiful moments I haven't captured. 

This Lent, I've decided to do the whole a picture a day thing. I'll post every Saturday with the pictures from the week. I'll talk about why I chose that photograph- I'll share a little bit of life with you lovely, lovely people. Excited for this Lenten journey. What does Lent mean to you? How do you participate in this season?  

The beginning: Ash Wednesday through Saturday (2/21)
Wednesday included a cancelled Ash Wednesday service, dinner with a handsome roommate (Bryce, not Stella), snuggles with my favorite dog, Cookout sweet tea, and a nail-biting UNC/Duke game. 

I love BTSR. I love the ways people love people. (Love note found on the mirror in the women's restroom)

Chicken eggs from Daisy Hill Farm- spending the weekend with my good friend and beautiful pastor, Colleen. Preaching on Sunday on her last day at Crozet Baptist. New things are coming her way. So excited...

I feel at home in most kitchens (hold all women in the kitchen jokes, please). But I really love this kitchen. The place where meals are made to share together. Where the eggs are washed, where the dogs are fed..where so many conversations are had.